Protocols for on-site worship
- Physical distancing guidelines will mean a maximum of 30 people in the service. Social distancing means being 2m apart at all times while in the building.
- If you are not feeling well on the day, DO NOT COME to the live worship service. Please continue to participate as a church by watching Abbotsford Baptist Church at Home, which will run at the same time as our in-building service (10:30 am).
- Pre-registration is necessary to attend in person. Phone or email the church office by Noon of the Friday before we begin.
- The entrance and exit will be by different doors.
- Entrance: the foyer doors at the corner of Hillside Avenue and Busby Road. For those with difficulty on stairs, please enter via the ramp on the west side of our building.
- Masks will be required. We encourage you to bring your own mask, but we will also have disposable masks for any guests who might attend with you. If for any reason you are not able to wear a mask, please continue to participate with Abbotsford Baptist Church at Home online.
- We will have check-in for those preregistered and register any guests at the door.
- Greeters will meet you at the door and ask if you are well, and direct you to a hand sanitizer station.
- Seating: After entering, please proceed to the sanctuary (the foyer is “closed” for visiting). Someone will direct and assist you with seating.
- The worship team and pastor will be further back on stage and will not use masks while singing or speaking but will wear masks when seated in the pews or moving among the congregation. Congregational singing is permitted while wearing masks.
- Offerings may be deposited in the box at the back where the debit terminal sits, as for health safety we will not be passing offering bags.
- On communion Sundays, for health safety we will not be passing trays but will provide individually packaged elements (cracker and juice together).
- After the service, please follow directions out through a door at the front – the Office Entrance door for those on the Hillside Ave side, the double doors beside the ramp for those seated on the west side of the building. Ramp users will exit on the ramp.
- We encourage post-service fellowship outside, with appropriate social distance.